Photobucket
i love.
Friday, September 18, 2009


Frankly, I got to admit that I wasn’t that keen in welcoming the month of Ramadan, contrary to the opinions of many about how great this particular month can be to those who seek for greater involvement in religious fervor. It’s a good month, I would say. And this notion, as observed in the past weeks of Friday sermons, have to a large degree emphasized the importance of embracing this holy month. Yet, I was still apprehensive and especially cynical to the publicity that the month was getting. However, the turn of events that took place during the past month or so, have in one way or another, rekindled my belief in the never-ending blessings that can be present despite all that cynicism and hype of Ramadan.

Ironically, it took me this month – the month I was the least thrilled about – to realize the numerous factors that were in play that allowed me the opportunity for growth, change and development. It suddenly became apparent that I really do, despite the constant cliché, have more reasons to be thankful and grateful for. I may not be living the life that I planned for, but I guess it’s worth a prayer of thanks and gratitude to Him.

Hence, I love…

The fact that I go to sleep each day, only thinking of problems relating to academic aspirations and the future, and really pretty much nothing else.

The fact that I am constantly surrounded by people who are so sincere and dedicated with what they do.

The fact that my friends, do value family love, making their parents as central determinants in decision-making as well the first thing that pops up in their mind in the event of any moral dilemma.

The fact that I still do have great friends despite my seemingly lackluster replies to text messages and face-to-face communication, and I truly appreciate that :) because deep in my heart, I do care about them, and never will I ever make use of them in ways that could benefit me.

The fact that I will never ever make friends just for the sole reason of networking.

The fact that my parents can come to me comfortably, without any hesitation for assistance everytime.

The fact that I am blessed with the rationality of how a normal grateful member of a society should.

The fact that I do not have to change about my views, opinions, lifestyle, attitudes and behavior when I’m with different groups of people – I can still be myself.

The fact that I will constantly be regretful of my previous performances of everything in general, because that would mean, the next time will and can only get better.

The fact that I can converse candidly with my tuition kids of their gloomy future in the event they do not put in the required effort for school and life.

The fact that I have the best bunch of relatives, i.e. cousins who share similar sentiments on many issues.

The fact that I believe so strongly, and have continued faith that the person up there, has in store for me big, grand plans that I’m completely unaware of, for now.

The fact that I know I will be doing something in the foreseeable future that would not only benefit me, but the community too.

The fact that I can’t really drive that well, and I’m modest enough to admit my weaknesses, especially in road directions.

The fact that my daily prayers included everyone in my life – the living as well as the departed.

The fact that I wake up each day, I have a roof above my head, a cold shower waiting, decent clothes to wear and a school that I’ve always aspired to go to since young.

The fact that I feel elated to see my friends who make the best of the worst situations ever faced.

The fact that my friends are all so talented and creative in their own ways.

The fact that I do not have to resort to begging, in every aspect of my life.

The fact that I constantly have people in my life who would give me the assurance that things will get better eventually, although they, themselves find it hard to practise what they had preached to me but did it anyway, because it helps lighten the burden, psychologically.

The fact that whatever money I have each month, I earned it honestly and made do with the limitations.

The fact that I do not have to be heavily dependent on my parents, financially – because they have their fair share of burdens to handle.

The fact that I have plans for everything – although they may not seem to be feasible can be overly fictitious – it keeps me going.

The fact that I don’t treat the ladies as merely souls to be exploited.

The fact that I respect people who can stand on their own two feet and remain strong despite all the adversities that they have faced or, currently facing.

The fact that I get to have a glimpse of how the life of a single-parent family works and I’m happy seeing them feel so blessed and smiling. My highest level of respect goes out to you.

The fact that the rain is pouring now, so that the annoying haze can be washed away.

The fact that I question the root intentions of traditional norms.

The fact that my macbook has not once failed me, big time.

The fact that I have no major problems to hide, no serious issues to deal with on relationship matters.

The fact that I do not have a dark past.

The fact that I sometimes do dream of beautifully designed structures.

The fact that I can connect with so many songs on a very personal level.

The fact that I do not have to forgive anyone this Hari Raya because, I’ve never bear a grudge on anyone so serious, and that even if I was unhappy with how things were, I would have already forgiven them long before they knew it.

The fact that I can wake up to some days, and feel oh-so-great about how the sun is shining just at the right temperature, the crowd being so courteous, the buses and trains arriving on desired timings, the wind blowing gently over my face, my iPod playing the right perfect song and the feeling of wanting to take a snapshot of that perfect particular moment.

The fact that I do not have to lie to explain my whereabouts.

The fact that I’ve hopefully not hurt anyone to a significant degree, and even if I did, I seek your forgiveness, for I can only strive to be a good person as I am limited with the very fact that I’m only human to err.

And lastly, the fact that this month has been unexpectedly better than imagined.

So, I thank You for the above mentioned realizations.


comment? (0)

info
thegreentomato
title: theGreenTomato
best viewed: firefox
profile
mateen
oh hello there!
check out the time :)
talkbox
chitter chatter

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

brought to youu by shoutmix! shoutmix

links
get connected
caroL
aisyah
samMantha
fyEdee

archives
history
May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009

credits
thank you
Design Joanna
Resources 1 2 3 4