Photobucket
as we bid goodbye
Sunday, August 9, 2009
did I ever mention how I love making lists? Well, I really do! and as the new academic year is finally beginning after 3 supposedly long months of summer break, I got to admit, there were a couple of things that had happened the past year or so that made my first inaugural year as a student in the university a memorable and delightful one. So, here it is – matin’s top 10 most memorable moments as a freshie!

At number 1, the day my long-awaited macbook arrived. It was truly a dream come true as I have always wanted a macbook all along when I was in school – it was only until recently when I had the money and ability to purchase one. This macbook has been extremely useful to me, especially in recent times and I am very grateful for its presence. This was probably one of the few decisions in my life that I never regretted. GO APPLE!

Trailing just behind the number 1 spot, at number 2 was when I participated in the School of Design and Environment’s Freshmen Orientation Camp. It was then when I was warmly welcomed into the faculty, being grouped among the most enthusiastic bunch of individuals – the people of Black Eyed Peas (my orientation group). Shimin, Adriel, Edy, Garvin, Yvonne, Yu Cheng, Jun Liang, Sylvester, Sophia, Jennifer and many others became my awesome faculty course friends who I could always turn to for anything. Thanks Guys :)

At number 3, was my Ragger 2008 experience. We didn’t win anything for that year. But it was truly an enriching journey as it brought many of us from the various departments really closer to each other. Our lost from that year set the tempo and determination to win back the challenge shield for NUS Rag, that we had hold dearly for 6 consecutive years. It was from Rag 2008 where I got to meet awesome people like Raj, Zhu Ping, Li Ping, Tze Hao, Fauzy, Steffi and many others. There were by far among the most creative people I’ve ever met.

At the 4th spot, stands my first “A” for a module – PF1101. With a kick ass team for the projects – Cassandra, Farah, Constance and Sylvester, it was a no wonder that I enjoyed that module so much!

At number 5, stands my first ever independent overseas trip with friends. I had so much fun in Vietnam with Carol, Ilyas and Hafiz. They are truly the people who I can always turn to for anything and everything. I’m so lucky to have found you guys as friends. You guys rock! We shall plan another one to ROME next year!

At number 6, my first in-camp reservist training as a company sergeant major. Yes, I’m very aware that I’m not supposed to enjoy reservist BUT it really wasn’t that bad. Although the training was a tad bit too unbearable, the moments ad experiences with all your friends back in green were priceless and I’m very glad and grateful that I will continue the next 9 years of reservist with all of them.

At number 7, I enjoyed every single lunch/dinner/supper dates with my secondary-jc friends. They form a huge part of my life and I’m glad I could meet them at least every week to share and exchange information about stuffs. 10 years of friendship has been indeed a meaningful and enjoyable one. There may be some squabbles at times but ultimately, we are really like a big family. To este, ilyas, fyedee, carol, samantha, meow zhi, suhaila, rafidah and hafiz – thank you :)

At number 8, my experiences from my Youth Expedition Team to Yunnan, China with Team Skybreaker. I truly enjoyed myself there and learnt so much from the experience. It is something really personal that I treasure.

At number 9, stands my involvement and experiences from NUS RAG 2009! We set out to win and we went all out. Winning was not everything but it was certainly the ONLY thing. And it was from that experience, where I got to meet fresh faces and forge great friendships, while strengthening old ones from the Rag Community. Thank you – raj, garvin, zhuping, huizhi, jolene, li ping, min li, tzehao, yvonne, Irvin, rifdy, Rebecca, darryl, zinc, Shayne, ben, mei ying, jaden, andre, Samuel, francis, tian long, atika, syaz, rabbit (who’s name I can’t still remember!), mathan, kai ling, shen yu, zhan hui, weixuan, mandy and gazillion other people of SDE RAGGERS 09! I believe this is the beauty of being in a closely knitted faculty. It is something that people from other faculties will never be able to understand.

Last but not least, at number 10… all the outings with my awesome cousins. THEY NEVER ever fail to make an effort to bind the families together. Movie marathons, TV-show marathons, Suppers, Movie Screenings, Birthday Party Plannings, BBQ surprise events and 63098234742 other events. YOU GUYS ARE THE REAL DEAL! Awesome :)

With that, I hope this coming academic year brings more pleasant surprises, joys and excitement. I believe this coming year is gonna be a lot happier than the previous one :)

comment? (0)

info
thegreentomato
title: theGreenTomato
best viewed: firefox
profile
mateen
oh hello there!
check out the time :)
talkbox
chitter chatter

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

brought to youu by shoutmix! shoutmix

links
get connected
caroL
aisyah
samMantha
fyEdee

archives
history
May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009

credits
thank you
Design Joanna
Resources 1 2 3 4