it's over, so way over.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Finally, 2008 is over and done with.(that’s enough to sum up the year, actually)
2008 hadn’t been really significant. It was a few phases of my life brought together in a pretty expected sequence – end of army, start of temp job at pwc, relief teaching assignments for 3 months and eventually the commencement of school in August. Nothing really interesting or life-changing, it was pretty much – normal and sequential.
School just had to end on a not-so-good note. Results, were okay. I’m happy and contented – but not the sort of happiness that would make me jump up and down, (anyway, I never really did experience it before – the jumping up and down for joy kind) all thanks to EC1301: Principles of Economics. Urgh, I hate it. Well, hypothetically, you wouldn’t really want to compare with ur peers but in reality, we all know that it’s not possible. And it makes me feel even less happy than I already am when I do so. Lesson number 1: BID THE RIGHT MODULES AT THE RIGHT TIME. Choices that we make are truly important and I learnt it the hard way. But then again, it’s okay. This is only one semester. Many many more semesters to go. I have to work harder for semester 2. 2008 was truly a year of poor choices and I suffered the consequences. Let’s move on. No more talks on 2008.
+++
the first unexpected phone call of 2009: este. oh gosh, that was a pleasant surprise, especially after my family and i bumped to your family earlier during dinner. Happy New Year to you and i hope you are enjoying yourselves in LA, or is it vegas? hmm. not sure, but yeah, wherever you are, you sure did usher the new year with a blast! Hope to see you back here in the tropical island soon. And that goes to carol too! Next sem is definitely gonna be more interesting! HAHAHA.
2009, I hope would be better in all aspects. Make better well-informed choices, decisions and plans. I would want to take part in a running event – either sundown marathon/vertical marathon or the standard chartered one with the army friends, cos that would definitely be so much fun! Of course, I have to work even harder for Sem 2 and 3 to make up for the damage EC1301 has done. And, I really hope that whatever modules I may eventually take, I will enjoy and hopefully do well in.
Besides that, I would certainly want to go for an overseas community involvement trip to gain exposure to how grateful, life as I know it, is to me. And, I wanna go for a leisure trip with friends – as budget as it can be, I want to do this because it has been something that I’ve talked about for a very long time but never really did set an aim to do it. So, 2009 will be the year. And I would love to go for a short internship with a company, whose job scope is similar to what I’m studying. I know it can be hard, but I’m really hoping and praying for an opportunity. And as promised, I will be part of SDE’S RAG team, to be among the trainers for this year’s rag performance – we need to get back that best float/performance title that our seniors have earned for the past 10 years!
To end my list of 2009 – should have-s/ would want-s/hopes and aspirations, I would want to be a better friend to people. I don’t think I’ve done it well the past year :( and I really hope, if it does happens, it will be all worth it. Lastly, I gotta be a better person, son and muslim.
Let 2009, be a year filled with so much more fulfilment, contentment and peace. Happy New Year everyone! and god bless :)
comment? (0)
