Photobucket
Intelligence, wisdom, guidance && strength
Friday, July 18, 2008
This week has been awesome! A number of significant things had taken place and I’m truly grateful for everything :) thank YOU.

Firstly, I’m truly glad that my effort over the weekends for studying about the planets, stars and Kepler’s not so interesting laws were not gone to waste! I think I will do alright for the test, despite the many mind-boggling questions! Believe it or not, I just went through my first varsity test – a significant step! Lol. And and and, I’m truly glad to FINALLY graduate from driving school, with 16 points from my TP test. (special thanks to ilyas for those P triangles!) To estee: you have to wait for your turn and opportunity for me to send you home!

Then, on Friday – by a totally unplanned event, I met up with my fellow Guards people – Benji, Hao Wei, Xuan Hui, Shawn, Alan, Yang Jie and Zaffri for lunch and dinner. It was really cool chatting and hanging out with them. It was in a way, refreshing!

After what ilyas told me in the train, I began to realize one disturbing fact: I didn’t really know my secondary and JC friends that well. As in, I only knew that they existed and that they once crossed my path, but other than that – they were only as far as Hi/Bye friends. I don’t really know them personally and that fact disturbs me to a large extent. I was too comfortable with my own set of really close friends (that I truly am grateful for because they literally grew up with me and that they were there to see my ups and downs, the struggles, the joy, the difficulties of trying to survive in an environment that is so different) that I fail to appreciate the existence of everyone else. Basically, this group of special friends kind of overshadowed the existence of the people whom I now can only relate to as acquaintances. Given a choice, I would definitely want to know more of them personally. I miss all of them – the 4E1 girls and guys/SC8 people such as Dawn, Charlene, Liyana, Marie, Bing Ting, Karine, Akbar and gang (whom I meet like only during Hari Raya), Nixon and gang, Mark, Jacq, Shin, Suue, Qianqi, Azad and gang, Yong Thieng and the fairfield gang, the AC malay gang, the band people – hui ying, Janice, jilyan, meijuan, Chrysa, Terrence, Johnathan, Cheryl, Marco, Jithra and others.

But it’s too late.
I had that opportunity in the past and I missed it.

However, to some extent I’m really glad that in National Service, when I was forced to leave my comfort zone, I was able to forge strong friendships and bonds with almost everyone whom I have worked with since the first day I was enlisted till the day I ORDed. These people – bmt friends, bscl/aslc friends, 1GDS friends and PS/CSM course friends) form a very special bunch of friends that I can always turn to for a chat, random outings, simple dinner gatherings, talking cock sessions and coffee chilling without having to face any fears of experiencing awkward silences. And for that, I’m grateful and thankful for having them around especially when loneliness creeps in.

Now that the university term is starting, I think I shall begin it well.

And I was glad that I attended the SDE orientation camp and rag trainings, (despite much worries initially) to get to know more people from my faculty - people who will form the bulk of my time in school with. It’s really cool to meet with people who share the same/similar interest. In addition, the seniors have been very helpful and they are always so ever willing to give us their advice and five-cents worth of surviving the university life well. Everyone is just so dedicated and committed.

I’m seriously looking forward to the actual school term come this August although I know that the road ahead would be a tough one, but I’m willing to go through it to prove my worth once again.

And I shall do this with His help, to grant me with:
Intelligence, Wisdom, Guidance and Strength every step of the way.

comment? (1)

info
thegreentomato
title: theGreenTomato
best viewed: firefox
profile
mateen
oh hello there!
check out the time :)
talkbox
chitter chatter

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

brought to youu by shoutmix! shoutmix

links
get connected
caroL
aisyah
samMantha
fyEdee

archives
history
May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009

credits
thank you
Design Joanna
Resources 1 2 3 4