Photobucket
of cosmos and constellations
Thursday, June 26, 2008

This week has been GREAT!

And so, it is back to school finally.
Understanding the universe as a module has been really fun and enriching! I’ve always been curious about what goes on up there. It’s like as though I was back in primary school when I would be telling my friends and family about the characteristics of certain planets, the identification of constellations, the black hole, the possibility of life beyond this planet and the vastness of this galaxy, except that NOW, I have a whole lot of other like-minded individuals (who are just as curious as I am!) as well as a lecturer who has a PHD in cosmology to enrich me with those interesting facts, theories, stories and findings that best explains our universe. It’s truly cool and I definitely enjoyed my first week of lectures.
father of experimental science: Galileo
With such an interest in our universe back then, it was a no wonder that one of my 8746382920 ambitions was to be an astronaut! Hahahaha. It’s quite hilarious when I think about it now. But yeah, it was all those out-of-this-world ambitions that stirred me up to have an interest in studying certain fields and I never regretted them.
constellation leo
Let me share some interesting stuff that I had learnt the past week. Hmmm, firstly it is possible to see planets, such as Mars and Saturn (they can be seen around the constellation Leo) with our naked eye, secondly Polaris, otherwise commonly known as the North Star CANNOT be seen from Singapore at least because of our geographical location and that it is NOT the brightest star in the sky, which is a common misconception. Thirdly, march – 21st,Aries: Vernal Equinox was initially the first month in the calendar, until it was revolutionized eventually, adding 2 more months – January and February. Lastly, the days were actually named after the 7 celestial objects that the ancient people saw back then - the sun, moon, earth, mars, Saturn, Jupiter and mercury. Saturday got its name from Saturn while Monday and Sunday got their names from the Moon and the Sun respectively, like duh. Lol.

NEXT: Carey & Cook.
mariah carey
I’m not sure why but I was suddenly interested about our dear diva singer, Mariah Carey! After looking at her major comeback with 2 very successful albums – emancipation of Mimi and e=mc2, appearances in American Idol 7 on Mariah Week as well as Idol Gives Back, Emancipation of Mimi Tour (which was a first for her!), appearances in Don’t Mess with the Zohan, great top of the charts songs – the catchy Touch My Body and the beautiful Bye Bye, it spurred me to wiki and youtube on Mariah Carey’s history. She has certainly come a long way and I think our dear ilyas, probably one of the biggest fan of Mariah Carey for as long as I know him is very proud of her achievements!

And did you know that when Mariah Carey sang with Whitney for When You Believe in 1998, she was NOT a major superstar as compared to whitney?! Whitney, otherwise known as – The Voice was far more popular than Mariah back then. Undoubtedly, the collaboration of both singers were probably one of the more significant milestones in the music industry.


After looking at her old video clips, nothing really has changed, really – the unique voice, the perfectly pitched notes and stellar, captivating performances. Only one thing has changed - definitely one part of her body has become bigger! Go figure that out! Hahahahaha.

The fact that David Cook’s adaptation of Mariah Carey’s Always Be My Baby is constantly being played on the radio is a true testament of how successful, this particular diva is.




comment? (1)

info
thegreentomato
title: theGreenTomato
best viewed: firefox
profile
mateen
oh hello there!
check out the time :)
talkbox
chitter chatter

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

brought to youu by shoutmix! shoutmix

links
get connected
caroL
aisyah
samMantha
fyEdee

archives
history
May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009

credits
thank you
Design Joanna
Resources 1 2 3 4